Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into the dealer looking to get a barebones 45 today... my wife (bless her heart) *forced* me to bling it out LOL.

Black/black DINAMICA interior. performance seats. performance exhaust. premium package. multimedia package. night styling. spoiler. red calipers.

The price pretty much was MSRP from the configurator, no surprises. Hoping to get a good value for my trade in.

I came in at just under 60k out the door. Looking for a 60-90 day delivery date (they'll let me know Monday). I ordered from one of the bigger dealers in the Midwest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one other note. after I added the options they were more lenient with the deposit. I put $1000 for my spot in line.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, hope you get that 60-90 day. Night styling isn't out until 2014 to begin with, and it seems the quickest anyone goes through the queue at the dealers is ~ 1 spot a month. You may actually be better off at a smaller dealer (less of a line). It seems the only dealerships that get priority are the new ones (to help them establish) but it's questionable whether or not even they would get priority for the CLA45.

Took me two months to move two spots, and when they build it's an estimated 45 days to build and arrive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my order 11/23... my dealer's being very elusive when I ask for any dates or info about when I can expect my car... it's been 3 weeks and I don't have any proof yet whether they've put the order through... they won't give me a PO# or VIN# or any info and I've directly asked them 3 times already for this info... what are my options?

Does it take weeks to even get a build date or any idea what place in line you are?

Should I just wait it out? I hate to give them a no-interest loan with no proof they've put me in the build queue.

Maybe I'm just over-reacting at this point, as I've never gotten in line to buy a car before...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put my order 11/23... my dealer's being very elusive when I ask for any dates or info about when I can expect my car... it's been 3 weeks and I don't have any proof yet whether they've put the order through... they won't give me a PO# or VIN# or any info and I've directly asked them 3 times already for this info... what are my options?

Does it take weeks to even get a build date or any idea what place in line you are?

Should I just wait it out? I hate to give them a no-interest loan with no proof they've put me in the build queue.

Maybe I'm just over-reacting at this point, as I've never gotten in line to buy a car before...
Realistically you're looking at summer at the (very) earliest (if you're really lucky). Your VIN doesn't exist because your car doesn't exist. You only get a VIN when the car exists. They do not know when you will get yours because you are in line with everyone else in the world and they cannot predict at any given time when they will get to yours, though most dealers will at least tell you where you are in their own queue at the dealer.

Read my previous post.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Allan,
Is your dealer an AMG Performance Center? Don't feel like you are being discriminated against with the lack of information. These guys keep secrets better than the NSA. My deposit was accepted in April; by October three people had bailed, and I had become #3 from #6 in line. #1 l was delivered. #2 "may" have been ordered. (The salesman ain't talking.) He has been saying "Maybe March OR April" for so long that I called the general manager. He says that he was playing phone tag with MBUSA last Th/Fri, and will get back to me Mon/Tues. This is a Perf. Cent. store.
I have been told that Perf. Cent. can order over their regular allotment, but that other dealers can't. Is that true? Who knows?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Realistically you're looking at summer at the (very) earliest (if you're really lucky). Your VIN doesn't exist because your car doesn't exist. You only get a VIN when the car exists. They do not know when you will get yours because you are in line with everyone else in the world and they cannot predict at any given time when they will get to yours, though most dealers will at least tell you where you are in their own queue at the dealer.

Read my previous post.
You actually get a PO number for now with a approximate build date. Once it's being built they provide you with a vin#.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They called me today, they just got one that was bailed on... not the setup I want and I'm not coming in to look at it for fear that I will end up "settling".

But if anyone's interested...

The CLA45 is a black/black with the Premium 1, AMG drivers package, Exclusive package, AMG performance exhaust, Multimedia, Pano sunroof, black ash wood trim, AMG 19'' multi-spoke black wheels, and the Drivers Assistance Package. The vehicle stickers $62,820.00.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually vracer, I'm totally kicking myself... had I known then what I know now... first dealer I went to was in fact an AMG performance center (near where I work) and they actually showed me on Starnet that they had an allotment then and there ready to be configged for a mere $1000 deposit.

Stupid me I thought maybe I could get a better deal at this bigger dealership... now I'm stuck with a $1000 deposit and not knowing where I am in the dealer's internal queue while I could've had one in May with the other dealer. Debating if it's worth the trouble to try and get my deposit back at this point and see if the original dealer I went to still has their allocation... that was 3 weeks ago...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I don't want to overstate the obvious, but I would check out the landing field, and then see about bailing out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts