Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D So the car is at 3/4 of a tank with that mixture and it is noticeable to me, but only with spirited driving, it feels very responsive and quick. I figure the rating is closer now to 95 octane (what is available in Europe).

Milage does not suffer and Trick is very good quality, oh and $25 got me 1/4 tank @ about $9/gallon

·
Registered
16 Posts
100 octane available at gas station? They keep all the fun away from us here in the U.S.
There are a couple stations left that have it.. but they are dwindling. We had one in town.. now gone.

It makes sense that it would be better performance because there is Knock Retard (KR) tables that cut back the timing when knock is detected.

Now... once I scavenge up enough change for a Vath module.. I'll be testing it further. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a couple stations left that have it.. but they are dwindling. We had one in town.. now gone.

It makes sense that it would be better performance because there is Knock Retard (KR) tables that cut back the timing when knock is detected.

Now... once I scavenge up enough change for a Vath module.. I'll be testing it further. :D :rolleyes:
Where are you going to get the module from, direct from Vaeth?. Let me know, maybe we can start a group buy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
First time I've heard of them. But I did only find out about e85 a couple years ago and now I see stations for them everywhere. Probably saw one and never noticed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts