Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially placed a pre order in May, car configured 2 weeks ago and the dealer still can't get an allocation slot, they think it may be the end of feb 2014.

Any other uk followers to add?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same boat as you pal! I only confirmed the order this month and have a estimated delivery date of January 2014.

This was the same with the A45 which i was originally looking at.

Have you managed to spec yours up yet? I was told I wont need to until September.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Not needing to spec up your A Class until sept sounds just about right, usually you do this months before it can be delivered. Good luck on getting your A-Class's! Keep us posted of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers fellas.

The uk spec is as follows:-

CLA 45 AMG
Cirrus White
Black Artico/Dinamica microfibre with red contrast stitching
19" AMG light-alloy wheels (4) - multi-spoke design painted matt black
Brake Calipers red
Performance Exhaust
Harmon Kardon
Panoramic Sunroof
Mirror Package
Heated seats

Still surprises me as to why the dealer can't actually get a true date.

What have you gone for the_mp mate and if you've not seen it yet, the dealer will have the cla45 amg price list along with accessories, options, etc?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheers fellas.

The uk spec is as follows:-

CLA 45 AMG
Cirrus White
Black Artico/Dinamica microfibre with red contrast stitching
19" AMG light-alloy wheels (4) - multi-spoke design painted matt black
Brake Calipers red
Performance Exhaust
Harmon Kardon
Panoramic Sunroof
Mirror Package
Heated seats

Still surprises me as to why the dealer can't actually get a true date.

What have you gone for the_mp mate and if you've not seen it yet, the dealer will have the cla45 amg price list along with accessories, options, etc?
Is this the specification you have chosen, or the spec of the UK Car? If all the above is included thats a big bonus!

Yet it's really odd a dealer saying "Of Course you can order the car" but they cant order it on there system, cant give you a build date or any literature.

Im glad i waited as the CLA45 does seem a better proposition for me than the A45.

Im speaking to my dealer later about returning my current car so will poke around for some more info. Will keep you all posted :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is this the specification you have chosen, or the spec of the UK Car? If all the above is included thats a big bonus!

Yet it's really odd a dealer saying "Of Course you can order the car" but they cant order it on there system, cant give you a build date or any literature.

Im glad i waited as the CLA45 does seem a better proposition for me than the A45.

Im speaking to my dealer later about returning my current car so will poke around for some more info. Will keep you all posted :)
CLA45 AMG and A45 AMG come very close to eachother, not sure if I can say one is better than the other, when it comes to what you need it for then one of them can be seen as being "better"

I know the CLA has more trunk space

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

so did you order already?
Omg, themp, I wish pal all the above was included. Everything you see is an optional extra, my thoughts are might as well do it right. I've ordered the car from a uk dealer and they have even put the order through to Germany but they are still struggling with a build date or allocation date, hence the end of jan/feb/march. If you pm me, i'll send you the official pdf which has all the order codes for the cla45 amg, that way you can goto the dealer armed and ready

Me too, I had a slot for the A45 AMG for the 1st Sept but i've turned this down due to the CLA45 AMG.

It's certainly going to be a hard car to source into the UK in the early stages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Omg, themp, I wish pal all the above was included. Everything you see is an optional extra, my thoughts are might as well do it right. I've ordered the car from a uk dealer and they have even put the order through to Germany but they are still struggling with a build date or allocation date, hence the end of jan/feb/march. If you pm me, i'll send you the official pdf which has all the order codes for the cla45 amg, that way you can goto the dealer armed and ready

Me too, I had a slot for the A45 AMG for the 1st Sept but i've turned this down due to the CLA45 AMG.

It's certainly going to be a hard car to source into the UK in the early stages.
Ha, Thought that was wishfull thinking. Although with the 4k premium over the A45 i thought there may be a few extras.

My spec is pretty much the same as yours, but just having second thoughts on the 19" Wheels after the firm ride being mentioned a few times in reviews.

Coming from an E Class Cab back into a sports orientated model is going to be fun :)

Ill Drop you my email via PM for the list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im a bit bemused by the way with the CLA45 we have to pay almost £1000 to have the carbon interior dash!

It certainly seems to be std in the A45!

5k Premium and nothing extra at all! Come on MB

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
didn't know that!

They likely did that to gauge the US market. Charge extra for the carbon trim yet its standard on the A45 (which isn't available in the US)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im seriously considering canceling my order for the CLA45!

The A45 offered something exciting in a small cheap"er" package. With a bit of discount your price is near a highly specified golf gti price.

Ive now specced up my CLA45 and im close to £50,000 for a CLA!! Im not sure i can do it. Im trading in my E Class which feels like alot of car for the £40k i paid for it, but the CLA just feels expensive.

If the CLA had the AMG wide arches and over the top styling im sure it would feel more bespoke, but providing the bodywork is identical apart from a few adons, im struggling. Also having to pay £1000 for the interior carbon has really got to me. Why is it Standard in the lesser car!!

Yes the engine, but is it really that special? An over boosted 4 pot. For £15,000 less you could get a 2 year old RS5!!

Just thought id put my thoughts out there now the initial excitement has died down for this car.

Lets not forget a Golf R with a tune will keep near to the cla45 90% of the time. and cost you 30k less.

Hmmm time for a think!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im seriously considering canceling my order for the CLA45!

The A45 offered something exciting in a small cheap"er" package. With a bit of discount your price is near a highly specified golf gti price.

Ive now specced up my CLA45 and im close to £50,000 for a CLA!! Im not sure i can do it. Im trading in my E Class which feels like alot of car for the £40k i paid for it, but the CLA just feels expensive.

If the CLA had the AMG wide arches and over the top styling im sure it would feel more bespoke, but providing the bodywork is identical apart from a few adons, im struggling. Also having to pay £1000 for the interior carbon has really got to me. Why is it Standard in the lesser car!!

Yes the engine, but is it really that special? An over boosted 4 pot. For £15,000 less you could get a 2 year old RS5!!

Just thought id put my thoughts out there now the initial excitement has died down for this car.

Lets not forget a Golf R with a tune will keep near to the cla45 90% of the time. and cost you 30k less.

Hmmm time for a think!
If your A45 is the same as here in Australia, then the A45 only comes standard with "faux" carbon fibre interior trim (exactly the same as the A250 AMG sport), whereas the CLA45 comes standard with aluminum interior trim with the upgrade option to "real" carbon fibre. I was initially miffed as well until I read the brochures.

·
Registered
945 Posts
paying more for the CF dash while it's standard in the A-class is BS. There has to be some good reasons for that, anyone who really wants the CF dash will pay for it without question tho

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
my thoughts are might as well do it right.
Ditto. I ordered my Bimmer 335i coupe with EVERYTHING I might conceivably want. I have had it for 6+ happy years, and if not for this car, I would be happy with it still. fwiw, I have never kept a car for three years, and rarely that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope herd nothing from Merc.

I sometimes get the feeling that if i didn't chase them i would never hear from them again :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope herd nothing from Merc.

I sometimes get the feeling that if i didn't chase them i would never hear from them again :confused:
Tell me about it, totally shocking service from Mercedes Manchester and for appealing to new buyers, they certainly have a long way to go!

·
Registered
945 Posts
any other ukers wish to share there allocation date, just had mine through, 1st March 2014.
thanks for updating us with your allocation date, it gives the rest of us something to go off of. im sure most the of the allocation dates will fall around this time. Im guessing the time frame range will be late February to early March

1 - 20 of 27 Posts