Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me make it clear that this is not an official Mercedes-Benz advertisement. This ad was done by film school students, and rather good ones at that.

The spot is meant to advertise the Collision Prevention Assist technology, which "detects dangers before they come up."

Some may find the ad funny, others may find it a bit more morally ambiguous. I just like it because it get your attention.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
That's a hoot!

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is pretty funny. Apparently Mercedes has said that the commercial is "inappropriate." Funny that a company says its inappropriate for a commercial to show kid Hitler getting run over. Would it be more appropriate to not run him over?

This would never make TV, but these days you don't need TV. It's all over the internet and that means its being seen by lots of people anyway.

Far from criticizing the commercial, Mercedes-Benz should say thank-you for the free advertising. They are definitely getting some powerful brand impressions with this.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So the ad was supposed to show off Collision Prevention Assist by running over a child. LOL I would think hitting a child falls under the definition of a collision.

Of course Mercedes feels the ad is inappropriate, MB was one of the big Nazi companies, every officer drove a Mercedes. Without Hitler its possible there wouldn't even be a Mercedes...

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
i think the hitting hitler part plays a little bit with the SAFETY intervention thing.

Maybe they are trying to say hitting hitler was safer than avoiding him.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i think the hitting hitler part plays a little bit with the SAFETY intervention thing.

Maybe they are trying to say hitting hitler was safer than avoiding him.
So does that mean if your car is speeding towards a crowd of people the collision prevention will direct you to hit the least amount of people. You know, killing a few to save many?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Very clever and creative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts