Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats it going to cost for regular maintenance, Oils changes, brakes etc? I can afford the car but concerned about MB service. Especially when a family member had a CLS and replacement tires were over $300,00 every time one blew.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I got my Benz, they said the cost for the 5 years was around $2500. Which is not bad, but that the thing is its $300 for the first year, then $600 for the following year, then $1000 for the 3rd year and back down to $600 for the 4th and finally to $300 for the last year. That is if you drive less than 10k a year. If not it's for every 10k that needs a maintenance. The tires can be expensive if you don't get the warranty ($1500) for the life of the car until it is traded. If not it can cost an arm and a leg. Just need to talk to them about it when you get it. (I cannot say for other areas but that's what was offered in fairfax)

·
Registered
433 Posts
The tires can be expensive if you don't get the warranty ($1500) for the life of the car until it is traded. If not it can cost an arm and a leg. Just need to talk to them about it when you get it. (I cannot say for other areas but that's what was offered in fairfax)
How good are the tires that come with the warranty? I ordered a CLA45 and one thing I'm not looking forward to is replacing the tires (though its AWD and the turbo I4 is a lot weaker and has a lot less torque than that satanic 6.2 V8) even though they should last quite a bit longer than any other AMG. I'm hoping the CLA45 may get at least 20,000 miles out of a set.

·
Registered
945 Posts
what tires come with the CLA 250 and CLA 45 AMG?

cost of ownership isn't too bad, if you start a small savings account just for the car and put away a bit all the time it will add up quick and make it much easier, especially if some unexpected cost comes up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
what tires come with the CLA 250 and CLA 45 AMG?

cost of ownership isn't too bad, if you start a small savings account just for the car and put away a bit all the time it will add up quick and make it much easier, especially if some unexpected cost comes up.
Don't know about the US, but in Canada, the 250 comes with run flats, and the 45 gets summer performance tires

·
Registered
313 Posts
well you have to figure Mercedes labor rate is $120/hour plus local taxes. So $2 for every minute your CLA is in the shop, although you could probabaly get it serviced at your local Nissan dealer for half that.... Is that the type of investment you were interested in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
what warranty are you buying that replaces a tire for free under normal wear and tear? and is that with or without a deductable?
I purchased the warranty for the tires and got a deal. I know that others are trying to haggle the price but my husband haggled the warranty for the tires and service and we saved a lot of money. This car is a new model so you can't afford not to get the warranty and maintenance...the dealers know that and they will truly cut you a deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer offers a prepaid maintenance plan for the CLA; I haven't bought my car yet, but plan to spend the money on the prepaid plan, as it seems quite reasonable. I snapped a pic of the plan prices, and here they are for the CLA (considerably more for other MB models):

2 years/20,000 miles : $429
3 years/30,000 miles : $629
4 years/40,000 miles : $899
5 years/50,000 miles : $1,299

I'm already thinking I'll hold onto the CLA for 3 years, then move up to a C-class (love the info I've seen so far on the 2015 C-class). So the 3 year plan looks good. I'll compare and contrast costs with a local shop my CPA uses, but a good plus about the dealership maintenance is the loaner cars and the roadside assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts