Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a CLA, but it had terrible power. Having a turbo and being a German car and all, you would expect it to be faster and more powerful. So my question was, is it safe to up the boost with a manual boost controller, will my engine blow at 10psi?

·
Registered
143 Posts
So I have a CLA, but it had terrible power. Having a turbo and being a German car and all, you would expect it to be faster and more powerful. So my question was, is it safe to up the boost with a manual boost controller, will my engine blow at 10psi?
Unfortunately it is not that easy, the turbo uses a normally open wastegate which work in reverse, so a standard MBC won't work. You would need an ECU tune in order to up the boost since it's all controlled bu the ECU. Which we do have available if you are interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately it is not that easy, the turbo uses a normally open wastegate which work in reverse, so a standard MBC won't work. You would need an ECU tune in order to up the boost since it's all controlled bu the ECU. Which we do have available if you are interested.
100%

1 - 3 of 3 Posts