Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pre-ordered my CLA45 in Feb and heard from the dealer on Friday that they were allocated a build slot for my car. It'll be made at the end of August - so I'm hoping I might actually get the car before November.

·
Registered
945 Posts
if you live in the norther states then hopefully you do so you get to enjoy it before the snow hits, it would suck to get a CLA and immediately have to throw on winter tires

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
pog,
Congrats! This is the first really concrete thing I have seen. Where are you located? Do you know what number you are for the dealer? And are you in an area that might expect a large or small allotment of the '45? (My 'strong' guess is that this car will go by allotment rather than just when you get your order in.) FWIW, I'm #6, and my salesman expects up to 50% of the preorders to drop out. Am I correct that you will get a chance to finalize your option list a couple of weeks prior to start of build?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I live in Wisconsin so I'm hoping I can get some driving in before the snow. I was #1 on the list at my dealership and it's definitely a smaller dealership so I doubt they got a large allotment. I was told they received their allotment for CLA250s last Friday and were only able to convert 1 of those to a CLA45 so I am the only one at my dealership who has an order for the 45 with a build date.

Even though I have a build date I can still change my order. The way it was explained to me the order will go from green to yellow to red. Once it's red the options can no longer be modified. My order is still 'green' but there isn't a way to predict when the order will change to red so I finalized my options as soon as I got the build date.

I'm very excited!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yeah I live in Wisconsin so I'm hoping I can get some driving in before the snow. I was #1 on the list at my dealership and it's definitely a smaller dealership so I doubt they got a large allotment. I was told they received their allotment for CLA250s last Friday and were only able to convert 1 of those to a CLA45 so I am the only one at my dealership who has an order for the 45 with a build date.

Even though I have a build date I can still change my order. The way it was explained to me the order will go from green to yellow to red. Once it's red the options can no longer be modified. My order is still 'green' but there isn't a way to predict when the order will change to red so I finalized my options as soon as I got the build date.

I'm very excited!
awesome man, i guess we wont be hearing of you changing that 45 to a 250 :D

at least you were able to grab that CLA before anyone else. how far are the other Mercedes dealerships where you live?

also you might want to start looking into what sort of winter wheel and tire setup you should be going for when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Thanx for the info. It goes without saying that we would like to keep track of your progress through the gears (er, colors). "My" salesman said that expects about 50% dropout rate, but he did Not mention people with a better relationship with the dealership cutting the line. (Two previous Mercs, but not from local shop.) He has not mentioned how many in allotment, or the timing of deliveries.
PS I'm #5 in line.

Reactions: CLAJoe

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
In going over the -45 build sheet, I see P34, 'Exclusive options'. That makes me think there are multiple things in that code, but the only thing listed opens door window(s). I've closed the page, but I think it costs about $1500. That seems excessive, even for Merc. Also, I'm still trying to sort out how much the 'Red cut black AMG seats are actually going to cost.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In going over the -45 build sheet, I see P34, 'Exclusive options'. That makes me think there are multiple things in that code, but the only thing listed opens door window(s). I've closed the page, but I think it costs about $1500. That seems excessive, even for Merc. Also, I'm still trying to sort out how much the 'Red cut black AMG seats are actually going to cost.
i thought prices were all released in the official CLA guides that got released not too long ago, plus a CLA configurator is live at the moment, i'll take a look for prices their

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah unfortunately there is no AMG configurator yet. Here's how my order looks right now:

Cirrus White exterior
Black red cut leather interior
Standard 18" AMG wheels
Aluminum trim
Premium package
Multimedia package
Driver assistance package
exterior carbon fiber package
Panoramic sunroof
Red brake calipers

Everything that I'm ordering has a price in the order guide except for the seats but I'm expecting it to be close to 65k. It's a lot but it's still 15k less than the C63 the way I would configure it plus the C63 has the gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Too bad the AMB Night Styling package doesn't come out until Jan 2014/

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know right, some of us just dont want the edition 1 cla and just want this feature, I guess if you really want it, wait till Jan 2014.
True. Definitely a way to differentiate and entice purchase. Note that the Edition 1 exhaust pipes are chrome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

I heard from my dealer that my build date was pushed back from August of this year to February of next year...ridiculous considering I put my deposit down in February of this year. I'm now thinking about cancelling my order.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
It's worth the wait! I see no reason for rushing build dates.

If they delay it - its usually for a good reason. And rushing it will only make things worse.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I heard from my dealer that my build date was pushed back from August of this year to February of next year.
Any idea what your position in line is/was? Would 'your dealership' be one to get a large or small allotment of the CLA45?

·
Registered
183 Posts
My CLA 45 build is set for a November delivery, but now contemplating a 2014 Porsche 9111_50th Anniversary edition instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I pre-ordered my CLA45 in Feb and heard from the dealer on Friday that they were allocated a build slot for my car. It'll be made at the end of August - so I'm hoping I might actually get the car before November.
I am guessing you built a car without the cf package or night styling as well as no recardo AMG performance seats.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts