Mercedes CLA Forum banner

What do you think of the exhaust?

• Perfect, way better than the first version, the sound I was looking for!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I like your first version better, it was more quiet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like another brand exhaust better.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Who needs an exhaust anyway. I like the CLA just the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

V3 Quad Tip CAT Back Exhaust by TurboKits.com - Teaser Video

11K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  ZILLA 
#1 ·
Here is it, we had a lot of wind that day and it was freezing, so we had the case over the GoPro, make sure you turn the speaker way up to get the best feel for the difference between Stock and our Quad Tip.

I think we nailed it this time!

#5 ·
What do you think? The sales manager at MB / AMG that we have been working with on this project said "Now that what it is supposed to sound like!". He loved the quad tip look as well. That is real titanium too, not the cheaply done burnt steel which in my opinion make the blue burnt look too artificial. When you use real titanium, you get those deep purples!

#8 ·
Love the sound. Price?

#9 ·
Thanks! We're still in the prototyping phase. We want our pricing to be competitive in the market, but we're not typically the "cheap guys". We provide value for your hard earned $$$. Quality backed with a killer support team on parts developed and tested in house :)

#11 ·
In a way I kind of agree. I prefer the CLA45 AMG quad exhaust style. I don't like the raw look. It just doesn't fit will with MB's. I kinda wish someone would make a CLA45 quad cover to just go over the existing CLA250 exhaust (like a sculptured bar down the middle). Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: ZILLA
#17 ·
I still can't get over how amazing the quad tips look, very suitable!
Awesome, one more change to the design, sound-wise, there is a slight drone at about 2K, we're adding a helmholtz resonator to smooth that out without changing the overall tone. Then we'll work on some other tip options. Good news is the tips will be slip fit, so everyone can take advantage of the great sound of the exhaust, but also get the looks they want :)

The feedback is much appreciated!

#20 ·
That's what I'm talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.