Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at these three videos that show off Mercedes-Benz safety technology. The videos explain how the Brake Assist Plus, DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist, and PRE-SAFE Brake work to make the road safer for you and everyone else.

These technologies help with using the appropriate amount of braking pressure, they can detect pedestrians,and they can even brake autonomously even if you do not.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mercedes has always been a world leader in car safety technologies. I will feel very secure driving the CLA, in case the worst ever happened.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tesla recently got that 5 star+ rating for the Models S (or did it?) Mercedes has always been pushing safety technology though , and i see that as a great thing. Other companies are also really safe, but Mercedes is at the top of the safety game for sure. I'm always excited to see what the next technology it comes out with it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Tesla recently got that 5 star+ rating for the Models S (or did it?) Mercedes has always been pushing safety technology though , and i see that as a great thing. Other companies are also really safe, but Mercedes is at the top of the safety game for sure. I'm always excited to see what the next technology it comes out with it.
that's correct, the Tesla did get a really high crash test rating, i think now it's one of the safest cars around.

I doubt the CLA will turn out to be that amazing, but as with most MB's the CLA will rank high enough to have it's safety earn it some points.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Overtime technologies like this will be implemented on most cars on the road but I'm glad to see that Mercedes is stepping up to the plate to ensure safety as one of their focuses as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please correct me but the CLA250 has none of the features in these three videos. It does have Lane Keeping Assist but not Steering as described in the video. When drifting out of a lane the wheel vibrates but the car does not steer itself. It has Blind Spot Assist and the Distronic PLUS does bring you to a stop in traffic and then start you up again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It seems to me that safety features should not be options, they should come standard. Is safety something that should come at a price? I understand the cost of the features make it so that the company needs to make a profit off of it, but I am reminded of how the seatbelt didn't take a patent so that all cars could use it. Most safety technology should be the same IMO.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
having all these safety features come standard would be great but with that will come a higher price tag, mercedes also wants to keep vehicles relatively affordable, so at the moment that wont happen.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
having all these safety features come standard would be great but with that will come a higher price tag, mercedes also wants to keep vehicles relatively affordable, so at the moment that wont happen.
Especially looking at the CLA's price bracket it'll be hard for some of these features to come with it and not be an option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts