1. sunroof leaked from Day 1; two weeks after we got the car, the inside of the sunroof panels were dripping wet with condensation from the leak. One opening panel was replaced and it stopped leaking. Stained headliner was replaced.I haven't heard many good things about (B Classes), but I also see them everywhere I go, so that must be a good sign, no?
What exact problems have you had with it?
2. front suspension clunks sometimes, sway bar droplinks replaced, noise persists.
3. chrome trim on the ignition switch surround wrinkles up and shrivels, replaced.
4. all sunroof panels in the car crazed (they are made of Makrolon) and were replaced; replacement panels started leaking again. Two repairs to stop the leak have been made and maybe it won't leak any more...?
5. starter motor failed at 84,000 km, replaced under ELW.
6. all 5 doors began to corrode where the door skin is crimped around the inner door frame. Well known problem on several Mercedes models; they stepped up and replaced all 5 doors for free. I rustproofed the new panels myself, to be sure it doesn't happen again.
7. second starter motor failed at 119,000 km, replaced under ELW.
8. Air Conditioning compressor failed (well it still worked but it was constantly growling); replaced under ELW.
9. RF wheel bearing failed at 130,000 km, replaced under ELW.
10. Driveshafts tick occasionally and will probably need replacement under ELW before 160,000 km.
There have been other things with crappy trim etc but these are the main ones. If you add up the retail cost of all these repairs, it would be over $20,000. I paid a couple grand for the ELW and it's the best money I have spent on this car.
I have a 5 speed manual in mine, but the CVT automatic transmissions in the B Class are fragile and usually need repair before 160,000 km, to the tune of $3000 or $10,000 depending upon the type of failure.
Despite the scandalous repair record of my B Class, I would consider buying a CLA or new B Class, but only after the car is 4 years into production, to see if any problems have cropped up.
The "usual" problems with these cars are the CVT, driveshafts, sunroof, starter motors.