Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are curious (I know I was) so here's my basic deal.

I paid $3500 cash total to acquire the car. Includes all costs/first month payment.

I signed up for 10k/yr. My car has the panoramic roof, metallic silver paint, bi-xenon lights, and I got that black wood/marble looking panel on the dash. Total of the car is 34,200.

I have a credit score of near 800.

Total for car: $370/month. Maintenance plan: $10 extra per month ($360 total for 3 years of maintenance) Total: $380

I dealt with Leikin in Willoughby Ohio. It was fantastic. I'm 32 and this is my first new car. I expected to have a less awesome buying experience. Everything about it was great. They even called me back a few days later and said they could change a car they had on order to be what I wanted, if I wanted that. So I got my car a month and a half sooner than I should have. (I ordered it, takes 3 months they told me) If anyone cares I dealt with Craig Thompson and he was awesome.

Also oh my God do I love this car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
People are curious (I know I was) so here's my basic deal.

I paid $3500 cash total to acquire the car. Includes all costs/first month payment.

I signed up for 10k/yr. My car has the panoramic roof, metallic silver paint, bi-xenon lights, and I got that black wood/marble looking panel on the dash. Total of the car is 34,200.

I have a credit score of near 800.

Total for car: $370/month. Maintenance plan: $10 extra per month ($360 total for 3 years of maintenance) Total: $380

I dealt with Leikin in Willoughby Ohio. It was fantastic. I'm 32 and this is my first new car. I expected to have a less awesome buying experience. Everything about it was great. They even called me back a few days later and said they could change a car they had on order to be what I wanted, if I wanted that. So I got my car a month and a half sooner than I should have. (I ordered it, takes 3 months they told me) If anyone cares I dealt with Craig Thompson and he was awesome.

Also oh my God do I love this car.
It really hard to believe compare to my situation. I can't post a link here (some how) but you can copy and paste following on google to check;

My experience with Ray Catena Mercedes-Benz of Edison NJ & Mercedes-Benz of Freehold

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
It really hard to believe compare to my situation. I can't post a link here (some how) but you can copy and paste following on google to check;

My experience with Ray Catena Mercedes-Benz of Edison NJ & Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
What was your experience with Ray Catena? I was going to buy my CLA there but I got mine from Open Road Mercedes in Bridgewater instead.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Wow, that's insane. I have no problems giving a dealer a piece of my mind. Especially when there's so much competition in a 50 mile radius. With the first "Sorry I can't explain. we just put numbers and the computer does everything" my response would be "then what value do you provide to me other than punching in numbers? Any minimum wage employee can do that". With the second similar response I would just walk out and hit up half a dozen other MB dealers around. If you're still looking to lease, Mercedes Benz of Morristown will break down all the numbers for their lease because they did it for me and I didn't even buy from them. My time is too valuable to waste on people who provide no value to me when they expect my business.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that's insane. I have no problems giving a dealer a piece of my mind. Especially when there's so much competition in a 50 mile radius. With the first "Sorry I can't explain. we just put numbers and the computer does everything" my response would be "then what value do you provide to me other than punching in numbers? Any minimum wage employee can do that". With the second similar response I would just walk out and hit up half a dozen other MB dealers around. If you're still looking to lease, Mercedes Benz of Morristown will break down all the numbers for their lease because they did it for me and I didn't even buy from them. My time is too valuable to waste on people who provide no value to me when they expect my business.
Yes Tonyride, we will. I'm a sales consultant at Mercedes Benz of Morristown, and we're very cognizant of the fact that sometimes people need more information than others to make the right decision. Thank you for your business by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts