Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just curious.. As a salesman, what sold you on the CLA? And why?
As a salesman? I'm not sure I understand your questions. Most of us here are customers, not salesman. I can tell you what sold me on the CLA as a customer. I like the styling, fuel economy, and the price.

Reactions: coco222

·
Registered
69 Posts
Of course you mean, "I'm a salesman, and I wonder what sold you on the CLA." STYLE is the huge component here. God knows there is a gory sameness to so many vehicles...HEY! LOOK AT THAT CAR! M-B has hit the gong squarely in the sweet spot with the CLA. It's looks, inside and out, reverberate with freshness! To hell with the cramped backseat! I wants one of deez!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Styling, and a starting price that got me thinking maybe I should look into Mercedes. Once I got to look at the car, the german tech and german feel got me hooked. Lastly, a very personable salesmen helped educate me over a two week time period, and I realized it was time to step up to a real car.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy the car every day.

·
Registered
91 Posts
well, rich,
what attracted me to the cla was better gas mileage (finally in a benz). good looks, good performance, dct, very good handling with the unofficial promise of being able to toss it around and have fun. also, the non add on of colors aside from black, silver and white ( no offense to those who love the traditional colors). im waiting anxiously for my jupiter red 4matic to arrive some mystery time this spring.:D
ps also like your dealership
fred from nashville

·
Registered
183 Posts
The fuel efficiency without having to be a diesel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been searching for a new car for about 3 years...any brand...this car had all the features (well..about 90%) I was looking for. The MB brand was just a bonus!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes as a consumer i meant. haha sorry for the confusion. just wonering what differnet peoples interest were on them. of course the car is beautiful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had one on order for 4 weeks and I am still not sold. I love my 2011 camaro, but my warranty has ended. So I am skeptical for many reasons. Going from a muscle car to this, and being happy with my choice, is questionable. Every time I test drove it I had the my salemans with me and at one point he even suggested that I slow down. So I wasn't sure if it was even comparable. Today I got my answer.....I requested that I drive it alone for a while..And I was totally surprised, but not disappointed! I drove it in traffic like (A manic) taking prisoners with no questions asked. I only slowed for fear of getting a ticket or because it wouldn't fly over annoying other people in my WAY LOL! I down shifted, I up shifted, I drove in ECO (probably will never use that it, it takes a second to start up from stop position). Overall I like it, the only bad thing is I have another 4 weeks of waiting for mines to be delivered!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I currently drive a 2004 Audi A4, and when it started getting near 100K, I decided it was time to look for a new car. Back in the early summer, I started reading reading reviews of the new A4, and I kept seeing references to the Mercedes Benz CLA 250 in the sidebars under the headings "What the competition offers".

Normally, I have always associated MB with RWD and big money, so I never drilled into the comparisons, but then an Audi A4 review mentioned front-wheel drive and the a starting price point under $30K.

So, for me, it was the combination of FWD and a sub-$30K MSRP that "sold me" on the car...at least enough to do some CLA-250 research.

After reading everything out there, the choice for me is pretty clear: the MB is superior to (and less expensive than) a comparable Audi A4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts