Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what each of you would have gotten (if anything) had this car not come out. Write down which CLA you're getting too, since a CLA250 is quite a bit different than a CLA45, or the diesel if that's available where you are.

Me, I would've gotten a C63 if not for the CLA45. I'm partial to AMG's lunacy, but was always a bit sad the C63 lacked a bit in the common sense department. The CLA45 nicely balances the lunacy and logic more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just wondering what each of you would have gotten (if anything) had this car not come out. Write down which CLA you're getting too, since a CLA250 is quite a bit different than a CLA45, or the diesel if that's available where you are.

Me, I would've gotten a C63 if not for the CLA45. I'm partial to AMG's lunacy, but was always a bit sad the C63 lacked a bit in the common sense department. The CLA45 nicely balances the lunacy and logic more.
If not the CLA250, I was looking into buying an E250 or the BMW 5-Series, or go cheaper and get an ILX or a new Accord. I always loved the looks of the CLS, but not going to spend $90k on a car; so when I saw the CLA250 a few months ago, I instantly loved it and it fell right in the price range of what I wanted to spend. It was also more practical for what I wanted/needed as well, and spending only $40k and investing the remaining $20-30k (that I would've paid otherwise) is the smarter thing to do. I can say that the CLA250 fits in the perfect niche on what I was looking for. I'm also not tied to a specific brand - I buy what I like.

My order is a CLA250, Polar Silver, Bi-Xenon, Sports+P+MM Package, Black MB-Tex with Aluminum Trim, and Blind Spot Assist.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the CLA did not exist, I don't think I would have been in the market for a car.

That said, a BMW 320i or a new Audi A4 would have been my next choice. I liked the interior of the Audi A4 but Audi's are just so plain on the outside that the Bimmer might have edge over it. Not sure because I did not have to make that decision.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If the CLA did not exist, I don't think I would have been in the market for a car.

That said, a BMW 320i or a new Audi A4 would have been my next choice. I liked the interior of the Audi A4 but Audi's are just so plain on the outside that the Bimmer might have edge over it. Not sure because I did not have to make that decision.
The only pain point with a 320 is you get nothing other than the raw car for the same price... You get a great engine and a great ride but almost no accessories.

I've never been a fan of the suspension and engine purr sound of the a4 personally.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Either the Lexus ES or Toyota Avalon. I know, they're way different than the CLA but there were a lot of directions I could have gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a tough question... honestly, I don't know. I know that before the CLA came out I was looking at Scion TC, then I thought I want something less childish (no offence). So next was STIs and EVOs. Time passed and I wanted a luxury car and looked into the Acura ILX for around $26K. ILX was wayyyy to underpowered with only 150 HP and no good reviews. THEN the CLA 250 came out and I fell in love <3

·
Registered
91 Posts
porsche cayman pdk, but............there is just no way i can get my dollars to equal that car. sooooooo..... ill just enjoy my cla250 4matic with the dual clutch for many bucks less when it eventually arrives this spring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts