Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What auto shows will have the Mercedes CLA?

• Orange County International Auto Show
  • Long Island Auto Show
  • Nashville International Auto Show
  • Central California Auto Show
  • Central Florida International Auto Show
  • Arizona International Auto Show
  • Motor Trend International Auto Show / Las Vegas
  • Tampa Bay International Auto Show
  • Silicon Valley International Auto Show
  • South Carolina International Auto Show
  • Utah International Auto Expo
  • Memphis International Auto Show
  • Pennsylvania Auto Show
  • West Virginia International Auto Show
  • Northeast International Auto Show
  • Motor Trend International Auto Show / Baltimore
  • Iowa-Illinois Regional Auto Show
  • Greater Milwaukee Auto Show
  • Virginia Motor Trend International Auto Show
  • First Hawaiian International Auto Show
  • New Mexico Auto Show
  • Tokyo Events
  • New York Events
  • Detroit Events
  • Geneva Events
  • Los Angeles Events
  • Chicago Events
  • SEMA Events
  • Frankfurt Events
  • Paris Events

·
Registered
221 Posts
They never seem to list what cars will be at the show on the website. It's just one of those "go to your local show and cross your fingers" sort of things.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Sure should be in Toronto, and Vancouver a month later. They had the European B Class there last year and now they're on the roads as you probably have seen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they plan to sell the car in America and Canada this year they will have to bring it to every show.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is a "mainstream" car so I'm pretty sure it will be at nearly every car show around. expect to see base models like the CLA 180, CLA 200, CLA 250 at shows, maybe the CLA 45 AMG. It's suppose to be at the 2013 New York Auto Show.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
We're not getting the base engines in North America, nor are we getting the Renault diesels. CLA 250 only.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Mercedes USA is having where if you get selected you get to go see the unveil of the Mercedes CLA 250 and CLA 45 AMG at the New York Autoshow and $500 plus a hotel and amenities. I entered hopefully i win ;)

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Why don't you think that we will be getting the CLA 200 or 180 petrol?
Each powertrain that is certified costs a lot of money. On this continent, where a car with a 0-60 MPH time of around 7 seconds is considered "slow" by the automotive press, the less powerful units would not sell well and therefore not be worth certifying.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Each powertrain that is certified costs a lot of money. On this continent, where a car with a 0-60 MPH time of around 7 seconds is considered "slow" by the automotive press, the less powerful units would not sell well and therefore not be worth certifying.
Very true. You'll never see any new car like that unless it's something super cheap where you expect it to be slow as ever. But journalists will be all over the CLA if we get the 1.6-Liter Turbo versions making low numbers, since it's a benz that doesn't fit the typical benz profile.

Only in Europe and other nations will you see cars like this with super small engines.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I noticed that in other countries they tend to have the smaller engine in vehicles and in motorcycles. American just like to have power. Press would love to criticize such a luxury brand for whatever they can get at.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The CLA will NOT be at the Toronto auto show. They will have the concept car, but not the production model.
how do you know that they wont have the CLA production model at the toronto auto show???

I already read up on the style coupe concept being their, Canadians on this forum are in for a treat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how do you know that they wont have the CLA production model at the toronto auto show???

I already read up on the style coupe concept being their, Canadians on this forum are in for a treat.
I've been in touch with Mercedes Benz Canada and they have said the CLA won't be at the auto show. They also said they're not happy that it won't be there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been in touch with Mercedes Benz Canada and they have said the CLA won't be at the auto show. They also said they're not happy that it won't be there.
I really hope you're wrong but I had a feeling this would be the case. :( Canadians don't get any love.

Seeing how Mercedes plans to sell the CLA this year, this really doesn't make any sense to me. Putting a model at every show should be a top priority. Huge FAIL for Mercedes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Went to the Toronto car show yesterday an I can confirm that the CLA is not there. They do have a virtual display of the CLA using ipads in the Exotics area though. I talked to the guy and he said that there were not able to get one in Canada on time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am going to be at the the New York Auto show to see the CLA 45 AMG :D

maybe Usher will be at the CLA 45 launch :)
2014 Premiere Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG - YouTube

I don't know why Mercedes picked Usher for this, not the right person to represent the A-Class or even CLA at that. Plus the hype around him is dead. Plus the A-Class isn't sold in America. They should have went with some big time person in Europe to represent.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts