Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says. Which features? Here is some info on the new S-Class...notice how the side view looks similar to the CLA!

Mercedes-Benz shows several 2014 S-Class features in new video

All-New 2014 S-Class Features -- "Vision Accomplished" -- Mercedes-Benz Luxury Sedans - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz has released a new video with the 2014 S-Class in which they present some of the flagship's standard and optional features.
Shown in the clip is the Euro-spec model packing a long list of goodies such as ambient lightning, Air Balance package, Magic Body Control system, rear-seat business telephony, Energizing massage function and several safety systems like Pre-Safe Brake, Distronic Plus with Steering Assist, Stop & Go Pilot and BAS Plus with Cross-Traffic Alert.

This particular Euro-spec S-Class is equipped with Pre-Safe Plus, Active Blind Spot Assist as well as the Active Lane Keeping Assist system. Mercedes-Benz's latest range-topping model is offered as standard with integrated Wi-Fi hotspot for browsing the Internet, along with sending/receiving e-mails.
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class lineup is scheduled to go on sale this fall in four versions: S350 BlueTEC, S500, S300 BlueTEC and S400 Hybrid. AMG version programmed to arrive sometime in 2014, followed most likely by an S500 Hybrid Plus plug-in variant.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That interior :eek: It is absolutely gorgeous

This is the first time I have seen a mini work area in the back of the car. Has this been done before?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
This is the first time I have seen a mini work area in the back of the car. Has this been done before?
The concept is not new.

·
Registered
945 Posts
S class features in an entry level car? Doubt it.

True but as time passes and the CLA gets new things added to it year after year there's a good chance we can see some S-Class-like features becoming available in the CLA, I think eventually they will trickle down.

One thing I really wanted was an infotainment screen that is actually in the dash and not mounted on top of it, it just creates more of a premium vibe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing I really wanted was an infotainment screen that is actually in the dash and not mounted on top of it, it just creates more of a premium vibe.
That would also be my leading request. The screens in the S-Class are much better integrated with the interior design.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agreed, I don’t like the look of the screen's tacked on look in the CLA. But it’s tolerable. Just hope it’s not going to attract someone looking for smash and grab unit.. Have had that happen with an aftermarket Garmin.. I know, I know my bad for leaving it in sight... Lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts

Now that is a freakin cluster right there. This just goes to show how different a higher end is. I wouldn't of expected that but mercedes is just full of surprises. The S Class interior is beautiful.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The shape of the dash is a little off but it works with that screen and infotainment system. Mercedes did a great job for the S class. This S class is a strong contender for the segment. Just look at that navigation screen, almost like a military submarine lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Look at the rear seats!. For this segment it is almost better to be driven in rather than driving the car itself. the rear passenger seats look like massage chairs. Now this is the life to live if you have the money to afford the S class. for now the CLA would do just fine but one day...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Many buyers of the S-Class have a driver drive them around while they sit in the back. This is why the back seat (especially the rear passenger side) is made to be very comfortable and functional.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
That isn't entirely true. I've seen people drive the S class alone. The S class is just meant to be a comfortable luxury car. The front seat comfort is just as good.

·
Registered
92 Posts

That rear cabin looks like a vacation spa. There's a reason the S class starts at $92k. The CLA is less than 30k MSRP. Comparing the CLA to the S Class will only lead to disappointment.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That isn't entirely true. I've seen people drive the S class alone. The S class is just meant to be a comfortable luxury car. The front seat comfort is just as good.
I said many, not all. In China, the worlds second largest automotive market, most buyer of luxury cars don't drive it themselves. This is why they're making a longer wheel base version of the CLA to get more rear leg room for that market for that specific reason.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I said many, not all. In China, the worlds second largest automotive market, most buyer of luxury cars don't drive it themselves. This is why they're making a longer wheel base version of the CLA to get more rear leg room for that market for that specific reason.
It seems every luxury car in China has long base version.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts