Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another video review of the CLA, this time by "Which?" The review points a lot of the issues that we have heard before: little rear head room, a small opening to get things into the trunk, poor noise insulation in the cabin, and a ride that is "quite jarring." Overall the car gets a "more style than substance" review.

The review calls the CLA far from perfect. It's expensive, but still desirable. Sure, the C-Class is a better vehicle overall, but it just doesn't make your neighbors jealous like the CLA would.

Are you willing to sacrifice some substance for style?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't mean to be a hater but "Which" as the name for your car review company? What a horrible name lol.

To add to the horrible name is this boring review.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree that this is a boring review. Auto reviews need to master how to be both entertaining and informative at the same time. "Which?' still has some room to improve on that. The review tells me about the same as what others do. The car is more about the image and brand than it is about the actual function of the car.

Has anyone found a review of the CLA that was a bit more positive?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'll disagree about it being boring. We have all watched at least ten video reviews of this car. This one seemed just as good (or bad) as the rest. The problem, from my point of view, is that it said, "The emperor has no clothes". I do not want to hear that the car I'm looking forward to, and have pre-ordered, rides like crap.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
This is exactly why I won't pre-order... especially without test driving it first.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Tony,
I have it in writing from my dealer. I get to order "MY" car (as long as it is in the "normal" range of options). When I test drive it, I can say, 'No', and get my deposit back.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have seen more boring reviews of cars. Sure this guy doesn't have many jokes, but the review is quite informative. Its not about a singular review for me though. It is about the average of all the reviews out there.

And this review fits in with basically what all the other reviews are saying. Mixed review, great design, poor back seat room, lack luster driving experience, and poor noise insulation. I get the feeling that reviewers don't want to give the car a bad review, but they also don't have too too many good things to say about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have seen more boring reviews of cars. Sure this guy doesn't have many jokes, but the review is quite informative. Its not about a singular review for me though. It is about the average of all the reviews out there.

And this review fits in with basically what all the other reviews are saying. Mixed review, great design, poor back seat room, lack luster driving experience, and poor noise insulation. I get the feeling that reviewers don't want to give the car a bad review, but they also don't have too too many good things to say about it.
good point, its not the best review out there but watching a lot of reviews of the same product helps as you hear different opinions on it and you just wont hear every little thing you need to know about something in a review, there just isn't time for that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
good point, its not the best review out there but watching a lot of reviews of the same product helps as you hear different opinions on it and you just wont hear every little thing you need to know about something in a review, there just isn't time for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts