Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to this forum and left another one (mercedescla-org) because it was "run" by fools. They have no problem banning members but let their forum become infested with spammers and spam posts and don't even delete them. Everyone was complaining and they did nothing but ban the primary people who complained most. They support spam, it makes them money,

So here I am on this forum, I see a fair amount of members, but hardly any new activity daily. Why doesn't anyone post?

LETS WAKE THIS PLACE UP AND GET MORE POSTS GOING AND MORE MEMBERS!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am with you, when I had an e46, forums where like live chats. I understand the demographics are not right on target, but I have trouble finding useful information, so you are right, as for me I will start posting more.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was considering joining that forum but haven't yet.

Maybe they haven't joined because they haven't figured out there's an app. I hardly ever posted on forums until I found out how convenient it was on my phone. Or maybe they're just shy. Lol

I think people don't take part because they come here and don't see much activity. But there is never going to be, unless members initiate it. I'm willing to help out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was considering joining that forum but haven't yet.

Maybe they haven't joined because they haven't figured out there's an app. I hardly ever posted on forums until I found out how convenient it was on my phone. Or maybe they're just shy. Lol

I think people don't take part because they come here and don't see much activity. But there is never going to be, unless members initiate it. I'm willing to help out.
Yup, I think it's a chicken and egg issue. Let's get the ball rollin.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, I've been on many a forum where there was a lot of traffic, but most of that traffic was in random chat threads that had nothing to do with the topic of the forum. A lot of the posts were simple chatter, the kind you would expect on twitter or IRC. While that may generate more traffic, I'm not quite sure it was a good thing. I always felt in forums like that it made the quietness of the on-topic threads more pronounced. I don't usually comment on threads that I have nothing of value to add (yes I know I do throw in little weird quips everywhere, but a penny has value! :p), so that means for me I don't end up commenting in many of the areas of the forum. I feel that is what many in this forum do. I don't know whether or not that is preferable to a lot of volume or not. I guess it's kind of like, would you rather have a big wide shallow lake or a deep small one?

·
Registered
945 Posts
i have to add i am surprised that this forum is quiet, but im sure in time it will pick up as many more people take delivery of their CLA's and more of them hit the used market. At least we're here!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I've been on many a forum where there was a lot of traffic, but most of that traffic was in random chat threads that had nothing to do with the topic of the forum. A lot of the posts were simple chatter, the kind you would expect on twitter or IRC. While that may generate more traffic, I'm not quite sure it was a good thing. I always felt in forums like that it made the quietness of the on-topic threads more pronounced. I don't usually comment on threads that I have nothing of value to add (yes I know I do throw in little weird quips everywhere, but a penny has value! :p), so that means for me I don't end up commenting in many of the areas of the forum. I feel that is what many in this forum do. I don't know whether or not that is preferable to a lot of volume or not. I guess it's kind of like, would you rather have a big wide shallow lake or a deep small one?
I agree, A forum is where people with same model brand share information about their vehicle whether it is a new product they have found a problem they are having or just want to show off their ride, But this is not Facebook so some traffic I do see on here has nothing to do with a Brand Forum ---- IMO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am in another forum for my other MB it's a matter of time that Post will start flowing. When there's more products and mods that we can add to our cars, a lot of DIY and questions will start.

Pd: We should solve the issue to load the pics on our cp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts