Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reading comments online, a lot of people aren't really liking the fact that the CLA is FWD. Yet, for the most part people love the styling, features, and affordability. Do you think Mercedes will eventually offer a RWD option some time down the line? Given that the CLA is highly successful, which I believe it will be.

Do you think they should?

·
Registered
257 Posts
a lot would agree for a rear wheel drive CLA but the way I'm thinking is that to produce one it would cost a bit more to produce. if Mercedes would ever decide to make one I could see a slight increase in price.

For now I think we should wait first and see hwo the front wheel drive CLA handle first. The CLA could possibly be a front wheel drive gem but who knows we just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think so. If people want a RWD Mercedes, they have a lot of options to choose from. The C-Class would be the obvious choice, since it's closest to the CLA is price, size, platform.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
No. It would take more money and time to change it. And I don't think most people buying in this category care. If they do just get the 4Matic. That is a good in between.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nope, for all the reasons above. A lot of things would have to be changed on the CLA to make it RWD, which would completely remove the affordability of it.

I agree, for those who don't like FWD, just get the 4Matic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For the CLA the majority will be picking up the front wheel drive just to have a mercedes because of the low cost but to those who have a bit more to spend and have a more clear idea of what the benefits of all wheel drive that will be their choice.

A rear wheel drive is nice but that would be in one upper class segment which is the C-Class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts