Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that Mercedes-Benz has the prestige of having 3 of the top ten most stolen luxury models (the C-Class, E-Class and S-Class.) It seems to me that the CLA would be a easy addition to that list. It will be more common than the top of the line models, but it will still have the Mercedes badge to give it curb appeal. Perfect for selling off the parts or driving around with just the right amount of attention (less than a Jaguar, more than a Toyota.)

On the bright side, many stolen Mercedes get returned through the mbrace vehicle tracking technology. It's like Find my iPhone, but for your Mercedes.

Are you at all nervous about those pesky car thieves? They are only emboldened by the recent release of GTA V as well.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I hope not.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
In the US, I would say no as most cars are stolen for parts, and no one has a car to put them on yet. Again, in the US there are containers waiting to be loaded to "export" cars, and in the rest of the world there are borders to cross.

I wouldn't count too much on mbrace to save my car. I doubt if it will take a month for the pros to learn how to defeat it. Keep your insurance up to date, and be sure that you are with a good company. Many years ago I had a three month old car that was totaled. It had about 3,000 +/- on it, and my company paid every penny that I had paid for the car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very true Vracer,

Well I guess we have to see where everyone takes the CLA first. Whether if its going to be a inherited in the mod world or juststay a entry level luxury commuter. If I had to predict it, I'd say we should be in the safe zone since the cars is reasonable for price but still out of reach for the younger crowds.

And yes picking the right insurance company is key to have a good piece of mind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I could see the CLA being a popular car to mod and take to the streets racing. Does street racing still go on, like in the movies?

Are the parts from the CLA not usable in other cars? Not even other Mercedes-Benzes?

I don't factor how often the car is stolen into my buying decision though. Have insurance and be cautious and that is about all you can do.

·
Registered
945 Posts
since it's a car sold world wide I won't doubt that because of this they will be stolen more often and even stripped down, with their parts shipped off where needed. Or even whole cars

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
There are tons of nice cars out on the market and this one is no different. I don't think the CLA will be any more of a target than the rest except for the most popular ones being stolen for parts like the Camry, Accord, and F-150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts