Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given my name, I wanted to start this thread. :D

Will the Mercedes CLA, assuming you are all getting one (you are, right?!), be your very first Mercedes you've ever owned, or have you owned others?

If you have owned others... what were they... and did you LOVE them?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I currently drive a toyota, so if I do end up getting the CLA, it will be a major upgrade for me lol.
Nice :)

What kind of toyota do you drive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Joe - camry, bought it used while in college :) will certainly miss it!

benz - haha toyota make great cars, dont get me wrong, I almost pulled a trigger on the 2013 GS350. Both the CLA and Infiniti Q50 are giving me second thoughts on the lexus, so we will see what car I end up get. But I really LOVE the CLA exterior design. My big concerns are rear seats (I want my parents to be able to sit in comfortably if when they visit. They are not very tall, so I dont care about headroom) and reliability (have not heard the best things about German car reliability)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Joe - camry, bought it used while in college :) will certainly miss it!

benz - haha toyota make great cars, dont get me wrong, I almost pulled a trigger on the 2013 GS350. Both the CLA and Infiniti Q50 are giving me second thoughts on the lexus, so we will see what car I end up get. But I really LOVE the CLA exterior design. My big concerns are rear seats (I want my parents to be able to sit in comfortably if when they visit. They are not very tall, so I dont care about headroom) and reliability (have not heard the best things about German car reliability)
Hey, sturdy reliable Camry. Can't go wrong.

Good choice comparison though, Q50 vs CLA. Both good cars. I think it comes down to whether you want Infiniti or Mercedes. I can tell you I have heard both good and bad about Mercedes from friends who have owned them. Some SWEAR by them. Some hate them. I know people with 1990's mercedes still kicking. They drive forever and won't die. I know others that would push their Benz off the cliff (sorry benz! not you!) if they could.

Have you checked out the specs threads we have on the CLA, you might find the rear headroom info you're looking for.. until they are in the showrooms of course.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some hate them. I know people with 1990's mercedes still kicking. They drive forever and won't die. I know others that would push their Benz off the cliff (sorry benz! not you!) if they could.
Ouch!! Don't push me off a cliff :(

damn!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Q50 will be out earlier (early July) so I get to take a look at it first. It is more expensive (8K more fully loaded for both and does not have a pano roof). One thing is that really really turning me off with the Q50 is that in order to get the Blind Spot Warning and Lane departure prevention, I HAVE TO get it full loaded. I will have to ask a dealer in person to confirm this. But it is (excuse my language) pissing me off!!! lol anyway, I still like it enough to go see it haha. It has AWD and bigger. It has proven reliability.

I wish CLA 4Matic would come out sooner and not spring 14. My camry is breaking down!!!! I dont think I can wait until then.

I want the CLA because my heart LOVES it. If I decide to go with the Q50, it would be more a logical decision based on my needs (AWD, larger room and reliability) Also, the Q50 has 100+ more HP, I dont care about it that much though.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Q50 will be out earlier (early July) so I get to take a look at it first. It is more expensive (8K more fully loaded for both and does not have a pano roof). One thing is that really really turning me off with the Q50 is that in order to get the Blind Spot Warning and Lane departure prevention, I HAVE TO get it full loaded. I will have to ask a dealer in person to confirm this. But it is (excuse my language) pissing me off!!! lol anyway, I still like it enough to go see it haha. It has AWD and bigger. It has proven reliability.

I wish CLA 4Matic would come out sooner and not spring 14. My camry is breaking down!!!! I dont think I can wait until then.

I want the CLA because my heart LOVES it. If I decide to go with the Q50, it would be more a logical decision based on my needs (AWD, larger room and reliability) Also, the Q50 has 100+ more HP, I dont care about it that much though.
Throw some duct tape on the Camry for now ... :)

Q50 is a beautiful car.. but you're here for a reason. Something is calling you to the CLA .. "come to the benz side blue... "

·
Registered
92 Posts
If things go according to plan the CLA should be my first Benz after years of owning Honda. The BMW 2 series is another car I'm interested in if the price is right.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If things go according to plan the CLA should be my first Benz after years of owning Honda. The BMW 2 series is another car I'm interested in if the price is right.
I don't think the 2 series is really out yet is it so it isn't really a vehicle to compare with?

What kind of Hondas and are they stock or modified?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like this?

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I think for many the CLA will be their first mercedes. They are targeting a younger market / first time luxury buyers with a low price point / attractive design / hip marketing.

I could see the CLA being the first for many. I'd imagine the CLA AMG would also be the first AMG for many.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think for many the CLA will be their first mercedes. They are targeting a younger market / first time luxury buyers with a low price point / attractive design / hip marketing.

I could see the CLA being the first for many. I'd imagine the CLA AMG would also be the first AMG for many.
thats exactly how I see it too, just about any really cheap vehicle from a brand will do that, and now there's a growing need for small cars with big car feature which the CLA is all about.

would be surprised to see initial orders go by fast

1 - 20 of 61 Posts