Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while, and wow, there's a lot of new people.. hi everyone!!

I'm trying to debate which winter mats to get in my CLA250. I decided not to go with any packages from my dealer, my rep just didn't have a good deal and I figured I could do better.

I want something that doesn't make my car look awful (black on black).

I was thinking these were good choices:

1) Lloyd floor mats
Lloyd® - Rubbertite™ All-Weather Protection Floor Mats

2) Covercraft
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cvc-fmat32/overview/year/2014/make/mercedes-benz/model/cla250

3) Cave in and buy stock ones and haggle:
All-Season Floor Mats Car Accessories from Mercedes-Benz

What would you guys do? It's about $50 no matter what, but I want something that lasts my lease term (3yr) and that looks great. Would you go OEM? It's getting wet and my stock mats are getting destroyed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey @jimelectrical, what was the dealer quoting on the OEM ones?

I've usually gotten away with aftermarket. I also usually buy used, my ML320 is used (I really should post pictures!). You could probably go to a smaller shop and buy some for $30 or so if you don't care about it. They're going to get snowed on anyway right?

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
OEM ones are $185 but are not available yet. Since I'm getting mine as part of the deal with the car, I bought some cheap ones at costco for $19 to use in the meantime.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Which ones did you get @aaronp01, just some basic rubber mats?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. They were either goodyear or michelin brand; I can't remember. I've e-mailed the dealer for the status on my freebie ones so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey @jimelectrical, what was the dealer quoting on the OEM ones?

I've usually gotten away with aftermarket. I also usually buy used, my ML320 is used (I really should post pictures!). You could probably go to a smaller shop and buy some for $30 or so if you don't care about it. They're going to get snowed on anyway right?

Joe
Hi Joe! If I were to buy used MB mats for the CLA250. Any ideas as to which other models' may fit the CLA?

·
Registered
433 Posts
How do the hard rubber/plastic mats feel in the cold? I've never had them but I would imagine they feel slippery. Granted not a major issue in a car, but I could see myself not liking the feeling. Also how well to they hold on the carpet underneath? If they slide around with a bit of foot movement, then I would probably get the Weathertech molds since they won't move about over a generic shape that can move about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are more hard plastic when extreme cold but after a few mins with heat on in car the go back to normal. As for slipping around the carpet? They are exactly fitted to the car no movement at all this is second car i bought for and i love them but remember i bought the liners not the mats. I think the liners are the way to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone got any suggestions for the Cargo-Compartment? WeatherTech's aren't available yet for the trunk and it's starting to get trashed.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Anyone got any suggestions for the Cargo-Compartment? WeatherTech's aren't available yet for the trunk and it's starting to get trashed.
MB makes a try for the trunk area. I got one for my CLA. Just look on eBay or go to your dealer.

Reactions: Rusty Shackleford

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Tonyride - Never thought to go to do the dealer (seemed too obvious). I picked one up yesterday. Problem solved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts