Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If the vibration in the brake pedal? If so could be warped rotors
They were just replaced along with pads under warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just called Mercedes USA and they are escalating this issue. Let's see what they say. I'm just surprised no one else has encountered this issue. Because if it was "normal" everyone on this blog would have encountered this and it would be happening 100% of the time but it only occurs 80% of the time. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem here!

I bought my CLA 250 a couple of months ago.
I'm having the exact same problem. When I'm breaking and the car is coming to a complete stop i feel a vibration, similar to the vibration felt on hybrid cars when they are turning back on.

Is not a vibration on the pedal but on the car itself.

Have you guys found a solution on how to fix this? :confused:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I don't have that problem so no solution is needed for me. I've had mine for about 5 months now with nearly 5000 miles. Maybe you should ask shenandoah1 about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just called Mercedes USA and they are escalating this issue. Let's see what they say. I'm just surprised no one else has encountered this issue. Because if it was "normal" everyone on this blog would have encountered this and it would be happening 100% of the time but it only occurs 80% of the time. Thanks for all your input.
Have you gotten any answers? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I brought it back the other day after they said they would try to have another car available to compare, but they didn't. They set up a case with Mercedes Benz. I have been speaking with Mercedes Benz and they are working with me to see if it is "normal" or not. So far no definitive answers. I will let you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I bought my CLA 250 a couple of months ago.
I'm having the exact same problem. When I'm breaking and the car is coming to a complete stop i feel a vibration, similar to the vibration felt on hybrid cars when they are turning back on.

Is not a vibration on the pedal but on the car itself.

Have you guys found a solution on how to fix this? :confused:
Did you contact the dealer to see what they said? I think it has something to do with the transmission. But I want to know exactly. I don't want them saying it's "normal" because they can't figure it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you contact the dealer to see what they said? I think it has something to do with the transmission. But I want to know exactly. I don't want them saying it's "normal" because they can't figure it out.
What you're describing sounds like the ECO stop/start functionality. My CLA250 gives a bit of a flutter/jerk/tug when the engine shuts off automatically at a stop. But that would be the only thing that I find similar to your description.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have had a vibration issue since I got my CLA on March 10. The first time I drove the car on a major highway I noticed vibration between 65-75 mph. My car was in and out of the service department for the first month and they replaced the right rear control arm as well as putting 1 new tire on the car. A tech came out and said "that's how the car feels." I personally don't think the car should vibrate at high speed and it's very noticeable. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vibration at high speeds

mbisaccia

I also have had a vibration issue since I got my CLA on March 10. The first time I drove the car on a major highway I noticed vibration between 65-75 mph. My car was in and out of the service department for the first month and they replaced the right rear control arm as well as putting 1 new tire on the car. A tech came out and said "that's how the car feels." I personally don't think the car should vibrate at high speed and it's very noticeable. I have the same problem now as the first day I got it. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello shenandoah1,

I am experiencing a similar issue, the downshifts are almost jerky and it seems like I opened a chute to slow down, I am quite confident it is to do with the transmissions, also could be the brakes, similar to what you have experienced, combination of both problems. I have to go get it checked at the service center.

Jay

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a similar issue, not sure if it is related. When I step on the brake at highway speeds, I feel the pedal vibrate. I am familiar with this issue because I had it on another car, a nissan maxima in the past.

This is called "brake judder" , and it is caused by either rotor warping, or rotor thickness variation. MB replaced my front rotors and pads under warranty at about 10K, I am at 15K now and the issue re-surfaced again. Vibration while braking at highway speeds is the typical symptom. No problem at lower speeds ( say under 45mph)

At the time, I fixed the issue by replacing the rotors, and switching to a different brake pad formulation (ceramic from semi-metallic)
I wonder if this is common, but perhaps folks are just ignoring it?

I am just picking up the car.. I will post the latest repairs.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've never had this issue with my CLA, but usually that feeling is associated with worn pads, warped brakes, or some debris in the brakes (that usually clears up after a bit).

I've had one person describe something like this to me only to find out when I tried it what they meant was fade (I don't know how he felt what he felt) due to air in the lines.

As to the "jerkiness" of the downshifts, I don't notice this, but what I do notice can be described as "a chute to slow down," I think. This only happens when I get the car accelerating quite fast and then slowing down (like a pass on a narrow road). I think it's the comfort/eco mode just not really knowing what to do, as I don't get this with TCS off or in sport mode. It's not unheard of for paddle gearboxes to be a bit flummoxed when rapid gear changes need to occur.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Major Issue with CLA Vibrations when applying Brakes

On 1/1/2014, I bought a brand new CLA 250 (White).
Its was a great Car, But just in 5000 Miles, I started feeling vibrations in steering wheel when brakes are applied.

I took it to the dealer and they found that issue is with Rotors and Brake Pads. They ordered it from MBenz USA and got it replaced. Everything worked well for another 5000 miles. But at about 10k miles same problem resurfaced.

I took it to dealer again and they found the same problem again. Told me it must be because of your driving habits. I was frustrated. With a Driving history of almost 15+ Years I cannot drive a car and making issue with brakes.

Anyway they changed it again and said it wont happen again.

14K miles same problem again, I was very frustrated as I had go to service center with my brand new car in about every 2.5 months.

They found the same problem again and said U need to pay 1000$ as rotors are out of warranty (it ends and 12k miles).

I got Mercedes Benz USA involved this time and they said we will do it for you for free this time as a FAVOR but next time you will have to pay for Rotors. OMG Favor to me.

I took a decision to trade that car with a new one as I thought its a Manufacturing defect with mine. After having several phone calls with MBenz USA they said you will trade it with another CLA we will give you $1000 Customer Loyalty Bonus.

I agreed, Traded my white CLA with a new Red CLA 250 4Matic in Sep 2014, cost was about 9K more than white one. Paying about $150 more per month then I was paying for white one.

Story doesn't end here.....

Its Feb 2015, My new RED CLA is at 5k Miles, Having vibration in steering wheel. Took it to Dealer and they found the same problem with Rotors and Brake Pads.

I am very frustrated, What should I do now?

Not sure if everyone facing this problem but just ignoring.
Totally don't trust MBenz anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will happen again and since its more than 12K they will ask you to Pay now. I had same issue. Traded car with new one, Same problem with new one too at 5K

·
Registered
1 Posts
I brought my car in for Service A and reported the same problem with the brakes and rotors vibrating. My front rotors and brake pads were replaced under warranty and noted to be warped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My CLA had little vibrations and then Big Trouble.

I bought a CLA250 4Matic 2 weeks ago. I noticed the strange vibration since the first day taking it home from the dealer.
At that time, I thought that's because the car's very new and it would disappear the next day or two, but the car continued vibrating everyday. It started bothering me.

One sunny day last week, I was driving my CLA.
It was running nicely until i felt the vibration again, this time it was a bigger one, then suddenly the engine shut off.
My 1 week-old CLA died on the road when I was driving, no power, no response from gas pedal.
Luckily I was able to pull over safely but i couldn't restart the car. so i called roadside service to tow it to the dealership.
I still can't believe what happened to me. It's very dangerous.

If your car's vibrating sometimes, you'd better take it seriously, most likely the vibration is not normal. it could become a huge trouble.
I checked internet and I was surprised to find out there are other people experienced same problems with their CLA250.

Mercedes Cla250 Engine - 2014 MERCEDES CLA250 Problems With Engine

I hope your car's much safer than mine. but if your car's still giving you vibrations, I strongly suggest you to bring it to the dealership and get it checked and repaired when you still have the warranty.
wish you the best.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts